A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday's Moan

I am a fan of Edmonton Freecycle. I had so many small items—dishes, end tables, old stereo—that were not worth any money. Freecycle has allowed me to give these items away, and to feel good doing so. I think one of the biggest pleasures is seeing the happy faces as the recipients walk away. One man’s excess is another person’s desire. Still, I miss my books (unread though many were), I miss my stereo (ancient as it was), and I miss the clutter. All I have left to give away are a few small items, one wobbly coffee table (I used it as a printer stand, which caused some excitement as it rocked in tune with the printer), my big U shaped desk, and the chair I am sitting on at this moment. Barren. The apartment has not looked this empty since the day I decided to say yes and move in.

I suppose it is not too surprising that I should feel some sadness as I pack up. I have lived in this place for three years. I have done a lot of writing, a lot of thinking. Excess knowledge and earned wisdom stain the walls. I wonder if the landlady will buy that story? My place is growing cleaner, though I could still use some help. Where are those gremlins you read so much about when they are needed?

I should be studying tonight ( (x)(Sx > (Px & Gx & Wx)) but I have run out of desire for the moment. I am having motivational problems with this course. The material is interesting enough, but it is only a course I need to take to graduate, nothing more. I know I will not invest more time and effort in the area, though I may find some use for what I have learned. ah well, the exam is on Wednesday, and after that I can proceed to forget all I have stuffed into my memory over the last four months.

I am going to go read some more of Bleak House (suitable text for my current situation).
13 days

No comments: