


This last image shows what Kudzu can do to a tree:
The kudzu is a real problem in parts of this valley. There is one place where the bamboo has gone wild and created a very thick jungle-like place along the stream bank. The pictures don't really show it, but everything is very green here.Today I work on making another step towards obtaining my residency. I am going down to the library this afternoon and applying for a library card. I received my rent deposit check yesterday (they gave me back my full deposit) so I need to cash it. To do that I need to open a bank account. To do that I need a NC drivers license or NC state ID. To do that I need proof of residency, which a library card can fulfill. If not, I will get a voter's registration form and get a card showing me as a registered voter in the area, and from that the rest will follow. But my first step today is to go check out the library.
Other than that it has been quiet here. I walked around the Coker Arboretum on Sunday for a bit. I will be returning with my camera and taking notes and photos. They have some amazing trees and shrubs on display, some of which are actually blooming and looking quite lush. http://ncbg.unc.edu/pages/38/
No comments:
Post a Comment