A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Living in boxes

Once again I sit in a room that has nothing left except for a few boxes that will be hauled away first thing in the morning. This is my last move for a year (hopefully two). I am looking forward to the new place. This place has been ok, but it is too small for two people, it is old and rather run down. And, because it is all wood, it is too dark for me. Yes, there are some amazing windows here, but even with them it feels dark. The new place is much brighter.

I was sitting at the computer this morning checking my mail when I felt something on my ankle. I used my right foot to dislodge what ever it was, and then looked down. There was a large beetle scuttling away. I would have made some noises of disgust, but was too polite to wake everyone in the neighborhood. The house is clean, but because it is set down in a low spot, surrounded by thick stands of old bamboo and dead grass/weeds, the bugs tend to come visiting far to frequently for my comfort. Even as a farm boy, I find these visitors unwelcome.

The cat is finding the emptiness of the house a bit unsettling. She is not liking the empty rooms, or all the cleaning that is going on. The stink of clean and the loss of her carefully applied fur in all the corners is more than she is willing to accept.

I was walking with Carol this morning (we wandered through the Coker ) and feeling a bit sad. This is a very beautiful town, and I am growing attached to it already. I am hoping to feel the same way about Raleigh in a few months.

This is my last post until Saturday night, or Sunday some time. I will go off line tonight and not get hooked up to the intertubes until Saturday sometime (1-5). I will have some photos of the new home perhaps.

Current mood:

No comments: