A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Waiting on my Degree

This is the view I had while eating my breakfast this morning. We had a wonderful thunderstorm yesterday evening and everything is wet and clean and smells great.
Yesterday was a busy day for me. I was up early and off to get my state ID. I tried to transfer my drivers license but they require non-driver liability insurance before they will issue one. Unfortunately for me, that would cost me 800 dollars a year, and for what I use it for I cannot afford to pay that. So, instead of a dl, I decided to go with a state ID. After getting that, I went down to the bank across the street from State and opened a bank account. That took a fair amount of time because I opened the account with the Canadian checks I had. But they are being processed, and within 7-9 days I should have money in my account--I hope. From the bank I rode to the far east of Raleigh, to Wake county community services and had my arm poked. One needle for measles, mumps, rubella, and one needle for tetanus. Both are required by the school. So far my arm is doing ok, and I have no fever etc. I am feeling god today because I have done those things, they have been hanging over me since I arrived here.

But what has me totally excited is that my parchment degree is in Raleigh. I am hoping FedEx will deliver it today. I feel a combination of excitement and anxiety. Once it arrives it will be official, I will be a graduate.

I have only one more requirement to complete, and hopefully I can do that later this week. That is to fill out some of the paper work the school requires for employment purposes. I guess this makes it nearly real??

2:35 PM
My degree arrived before ten. I am quite pleased with it.
After it arrived I zipped into State and filled out the employment stuff and got my state id. I am now, I guess, about as official as it gets. Just call me a grad student.

No comments: