A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

end of term

10:00 First course complete!

Update: Good news! Don Domanski, one of the best poets anywhere won the Governor General's Award for poetry! You can read the story here

Additional good news: I finished one essay last night! I have a final poetry workshop tonight, and then I can focus on the one big paper that remains. The semester winds down.



No photos this week.I have been busy the last few days, though I did take the time to watch The Big Lebowski last night. I should have returned to my office after supper, but did not. It was not laziness so much as a temporary burnout. I have seven in class days and this semester will be over, and the final projects are coming due, and I feel a bit overwhelmed by it all. This is the part of school that I dislike intensely. I should be reading Keats tonight, but I don't know if I will have the time. I have one twenty page paper to write by next Friday, an eight page research proposal for next Thursday, and a portfolio of my edited poems due THIS Monday. On the upside, if all goes well, I should be finished everything, including exams, by the tenth. Then I can spend the next month reading things I want to read, like the latest Don Domanski collection. From what I have read so far, he has created an extraordinary book of poetry. I would encourage everyone to go out and order it from Amazon or their local bookstore.

The weather is taking a turn for the worse. It freezes most nights, and the day time highs barely break the sixty degree mark. The long term forecast does not offer any real hope, as highs fall into the forties. What is the point of living in the south if it gets cold?

On the upside, there are still trees covered in brilliant red leaves, and some bushes of some kind still blooming. For those of you reading this stuck in the frigid and miserable north--the lawn maintenance guys came by yesterday and mowed our lawn. I am glad the property management office takes care of that stuff. It was a rather weird experience to see them mowing the lawn and it is nearly December...time passes quickly when one is busy...I have used up my quota of ellipses for the year in this one post, I had saved them since January, and felt this was a good time to use them up.

I am off to work on a long poem I am trying to edit.

Oh, it is also garbage day!!

It is the simple things that make life worth living.

No comments: