A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It is 7:35, December 11 and I am sitting on the back deck watching the sun squeeze through the naked tree trunks. I am wearing a short sleeved Hawaiian style shirt, and socks. It is a bit too cold for shorts, so I have a pair of long pants on, keeping my legs warm. The wind is a bit cool, but not cool enough to go inside.

I handed in my last paper for this term yesterday. I left the school at one-thirty, and was home relaxing shortly after two.

I think I have all my books for a Southern Literature course now, 12 in total. I will try to read as many of them over the holiday, and hopefully, reduce the amount of work I will have next term. I have more texts to acquire for other courses, but they have not listed their books so far.

I will be taking a walk today, and taking some photos. I will update this page later, and add some images.

I am glad the term is finished, 1/4 of my masters!

Blog Brag: an update


Just back from my walk to the lake (see the photos above). I started out with a sweater on, but I soon had to remove because I was too warm. I am now sitting in my office with the window open. Perhaps I enjoy being able to do this a little too much, but how often could I sit in my room up north at this time of the year?

I am going to get busy doing nothing now. I am looking forward to having the day off.

I hear the sound of a lawn mower, summer sounds in the midst of winter.

I was thinking as I was walking (I can chew gum and walk as well!) that the naked trees have reduced the sense of this being an alien place. It feels more like home now than in the past, however, just when I begin to feel complacently at home I see a sign on the side of a truck reading Raleigh NC, and I am once more unhomed.

No comments: