Here is the cake and candles from my birthday. Carol shocked me with this when I came home last night. As you can see, firemen were kept on standby until I had extinguished the flames. Great cake, and a great day.

I walked to school with Carol yesterday and took some photos of spring. Here I am standing below some kind of pretty tree that is full of blossoms. I have no idea what kind of tree it is, but it is gorgeous. I have added a link below to the full set of photos, some of which are blurry, but still accessible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is someones birthday today. Some 44 years ago, on a bitterly cold morning, my world began. Of course, my first memory begins some three years later when I fell into the cellar. Today, however, the weather is quite balmy. The sun shines, the temperature is nearly fifty, and I am getting younger. My plan, from this year forward, is to become a year younger with every birthday. I find it to be a reasonable plan, but it is met with derisive laughter generally. Ahh well, people mocked Edison's electric bulb too.
My plan for today is to work on an essay, attend office hours, go to my workshop, and come home to sleep. I had a good celebratory supper last night, so I have no need to do anything special today. I might take some photos later today if I can find some pretty trees blooming somewhere...
No comments:
Post a Comment