A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday February 10



Today I celebrate eight years of not smoking. I can still remember the way I felt when I first quit, and how hard those first three days were. Some experiences are powerful enough that they do not fade quickly from memory. I rarely think about smoking now, but there are some days/times...

Last week was a good week. The weather was incredible, with highs during part of the week in the low seventies! I took the photo at the top of the page yesterday, and it really is that green here.

I have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me. I have to rush through two novels this week (_Cold Mountain_ and _Black No More_), I will have some student essays to grade, poems to review and comment on, poems to write, two essays of my own to write, prep work for two lessons that I need to cover in class, one Tuesday that is an intro to writing in the social sciences, and one on thursday that is all about APA.

I invested some money into a super program Monday. Yes, I purchased the student version of Adobe CS3. It was still more money than I would like, but it is full of awesome programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat8, Dreamweaver, Flash, and my favorite InDesign), and I have, unfortunately, wasted a large part of the week playing with Indesign. There is a lot I want/can do with the program in relation to my writing and I hope to explore some of the possibilities over the next few months. I find myself excited about the possibilities, and thinking about what I can do with my poetry. So far all I have done is very basic changes, but I have ideas...

Off to work I go...busy day and all that. I hope it rains soon.

1 comment:

Carol Perryman said...

um, TEN years? how did 2 whole extra years sneak in there, eh?

anyway - CONGRATULATIONS, you geezer!

c the brilliant