A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Friday, April 25, 2008

April 25

I am sitting on my back deck listening to the birds mumble and complain about the coming dawn. Or they may be baby birds begging for food. The cheeping and chirping is quite loud. It is warm (high 50's)and going warmer today (84). It feels wonderful to be able to sit outside again, sipping my coffee, and relaxing before the day really begins.

My week has gone better than expected. One paper had the due date bumped forward to Monday, so I have the weekend to slave on it. I spent Wednesday fussing and writing a presentation for Thursday morning, even though I knew I would likely not have to present if I did not wish to. To determine speaking order, we drew lots, and I drew #5. That would have been high enough to push me into next week before I had to present. The man sitting next to me drew #1, but was reluctant to go first, so I offered to exchange with him. Shocking, huh? What makes this even more impressive in my eyes is that I went first in Wednesday night's class as well. That was a shorter presentation, but it was still a presentation.

To celebrate I walked home from school. It was a wonderful afternoon, mid-seventies, lots of sun, and a light breeze. Nearly perfect weather. After supper I also went for a walk (link to photos of lots of green stuff on the right), so I had two great walks yesterday, and that has helped my stress levels a great deal.

This morning I am strolling down to the library for some books, and then I have to sequester myself in my office and work on an essay. I hope to be able to get another evening walk, but that will depend on how things go today. My current goal is to finish a rough draft of this paper by Saturday evening, and spend Sunday polishing it. I can then turn it in Monday sometime, and move onto the next paper. I will need a rough draft of that paper done by Thursday, and that will give me Friday and Saturday to do the polish/edit. Tuesday will be a shot day. I have to go to school and listen to my classmates do their presentations (though that should be interesting). I can relax and enjoy them as I have finished mine! :) In the afternoon I will go to the comp class I was a part of, and listen to the groups there do their presentations. I am excited to see what they have done with their projects.

Wednesday is my one year in America anniversary. It has been a fast year. I suppose I should think about what has changed for me in that year.

Saturday I will have completed my first year of the MFA program, and I suppose I should think about what that means as well.

It is a beautiful morning.

No comments: