A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, June 23, 2008

June 23

It has been very quiet here the past few days. Nothing has happened. Well, not very much anyway. I made a trip to the farmers market last week though I may have mentioned that in the last post? The weather has been cooler, but I have not really been out enjoying it until this morning. I walked to school today and spent the morning on the ninth floor of DH Hill Library doing some writing. I hope to have a photo up on my Picassa site, or maybe even the Photo a Day site later.

My photo a day project is actually over. I wanted to do it for awhile earlier in the year, but had no intention of continuing for the full year. Now I am taking photos at a lower frequency, though I still would like to take a photo a day. I was thinking about writing today, and wondering how many f stops one can fit into a poem. Depth of focus is useful in poetry as well as photography. One can try to bring the entire image into view, or one can make the object of the poem/photograph in focus and the rest out of focus. Even in poems one needs to be aware of specular highlights and how to use them. Of course there are differences between the two art forms, but they are not so separate either.

My walk to school this morning (roughly two miles) was pleasant. My only complaint is that I was soaked by the time I arrived due to a high humidity. The air was moist, but the sun was shining, no clouds were interfering with the blueness, and it was perfectly calm.

My writing went well, I managed to get around six pages (handwritten), which might be squeezed down to half a page, so I am pleased with the effort. I also managed to get some work done on my syllabus for the fall course. I don't have long until I will be in full fall panic mode.

No comments: