A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, September 29, 2008

monday sept 29

I received my first batch of student papers this morning. Over the next week I will be busy grading. I resist grading, but it is something that has to be done.

My weekend has been mostly busy. Saturday morning the power was down so off to wholey-moley-that's-costly foods.I am glad we don't shop there very often. I think Whole Foods is suffering a bit, they have so many specialty foods that are high priced, and with the economy struggling, I suspect they are cutting out anything that is not a great seller.

Production was minimal on my thesis this past week. Out of ten hours that I was supposed to do, I managed three. I don't know if I can do any better this week considering that I have 22 papers to grade. So, no movie for me this last week. Though I did watch the big debates. I will be off to vote in a couple of weeks, how great to get a chance to change the world huh?

This week, I lead a tour of the library, then I do my usual class, assuming I can make the slog there in time. Wednesday I have a brown bag lunch thingie to attend, followed by workshop. Friday I will be observed by a peer, and hopefully get some feedback on my teaching/class.

I do believe we have begun either week 6 or week 7, nearly half the semester is complete...eek eek eek.

No comments: