Mr. Obama becomes President Obama, and I am excited and hopeful. It feels like Christmas has come again.
To make it even more Christmaslike, it snowed last night, and continues to snow today. Knowing the yeah rights will begin to fly I have attached a photo taken of my back deck at 7 am.
![]() |
| From Jan 20 09 snow day in Raleigh |
Ain't that gorgeous? Classes have been delayed until ten (makes no never you mind to me cause my first class begins at 10:15 but I am hoping to have the day canceled cause I would love a longer weekend). The temps continue to drop, and will continue to fall all day so I this white shit may hang around until tomorrow. I can love snow, as I told Carol (who is currently in Denver doing the convention cycle and having a wild time apparently (whiskey bottles rolling down halls, loose moraled men easily corralled into doing things for dollars, and who knows what else while I sit here at home slavering away at my thesis)) because I know it won't last. By Thursday the only signs that it has snowed is likely to be all the photos of scrawny snowmen propped in yards by children who had the day off. Though theoretically, as this is an historic day, no one should have to work or go to school.
Better photos will likely arrive once the light improves. Maybe even some snow/sun photos if lucky...
7:50 update: First and last class of the day are canceled. I wait no for word on my own class. Fingers crossed that I will hear something on that soon. Snow is forecast to continue until 5 or 6 this afternoon!!

No comments:
Post a Comment