It has been over twenty years now, so it would be possible to get both Mom and Dad's Canada census forms from the 30's. When I was getting my US passport, I was told that after 20 years they were made available if people wanted them. Maybe I should look into getting them now.
I am sitting in our back yard listening to the bird song. The mocking bird is amusing, it has an interesting collection of car alarms and miscellaneous sounds. The birds are coming in quite close this morning, even though there is nothing of them to eat here.
Hearing that it is father's day got me to thinking about all the questions I will never get answers to. Some things I would not have been able to ask, even now, some he would likely not have answered, some I don't know I want to ask just yet. The older I get, the more questions that rise.
The sun is high enough to cover half the tree in brilliant light. A great time to be out taking photos.
I am proud of who my father was. I don't know that I could have done the things he did, or as long. Some day I need to do some more writing about him. It has been long enough that the pain of loss is no longer overwhelming. Maybe it is time.
It is a beautiful morning. I am going to go move our bird feeders further away. Carol looked out the kitchen window yesterday afternoon and there was a big blue jay splayed out on or back lawn. He had hit the window, I guess, and was knocked out, winded, and stunned. It lay there for a few minutes, shook it self, sat up, looked around a little more, and then flew up into the tree (still don't know what kind it is...). After reading online, the first solution it to move the feeders away or real close. I am going to try away first and see what happens.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment