A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Next Day

I was going to go down town this morning, but I have decided I would rather stay home and paint. Actually, I need to go to Kroger's for some of the other things and the necessity for two or three taxi rides was not all that appealing. I will have time to do the down town exploration some other day.

I did not finish painting yesterday, though I did get one coat of the Gothic gold on the walls. I will do another coat this morning, and decide then if I need to do anything else.

We may be getting a car. An old beater, but it should do us for awhile, allow us to get our licenses, and putter about in the mornings. It is almost as hard to get around Denton as it is Cold Lake if one does not have a car. More on that in the future.

Evening

I had to throw two coats of paint on the wall, but it is not looking half bad now. I still have some touch up to do, but the job is essentially done.

After supper I went out into the back yard and rooted through two raised beds pulling weeds and prickly vines. Then I went out front and picked up a pile of leaves left over from the shrubbery fixing that occurred not long before we arrived. I also dug out the weeds in the little flower beds that are around our mail box. I have one more bed to dig up out front. It has some kind of vine in it, but it is not doing well and needs ripped out and replaced. I will likely work on that later this coming week.

Right now, I am going to finish drinking my glass of pink stuff and then go have a bath and sleep really really good. I have not done this much physical work in years. I am pleased with what I have done.

One week in Texas!

No comments: