A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29

Another wet rainy morning, not that I am complaining. It had been dry enough just before the rain began that I was considering...watering the lawn!! gasp! But now, I won't have to as it has rained a great deal in the last few days. I will have to get out and mow it one of these days however. The rain has encouraged a great deal of growing.

The last two days I played computer tech. Carol's desktop has been down for a while, so I began with it. It did not want to install a new xp, so I installed Windows 7 RC. Way cool program, satisfies the geek in me, and is very easy to use. My desktop stopped loading Vista, mostly because I had set the os partition to small (based on internet advice) when I first set it up. It was not able to do the proper os updates,and I think during one of those update/restart acts, their was corruption in the gears. Anyway, I got it working as well on Sunday. Monday, my laptop quit working, so I spent all yesterday getting it going (finding drivers etc., some are still down), and finishing updating my desktop. Everything seems to be working fine (knocks on wood) now. I surely would hate to do rebuilds of software for a living.

Other than that, it has been quiet here. Mags hides when thunder is about, she hates storms. Daph has begun to sit on top of my desktop (will have to discourage that). Carol sent her lit review off to the rest of her committee with the approval of her adviser, a major step in the whole phd process.

The leaves on my geraniums are pale,and they do not seem all that happy. Wish I knew why...

No comments: