A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, April 5, 2010

It was a busy weekend.

Saturday I went sport jacket hunting and ended up in North Dallas. I could tell I was getting into a city by the rapid rise in dumb drivers. I find my patience for stupidity is rather low, though so far I only gnash my teeth and look grumpy.

I did find a nice jacket for 100 dollars. Now I have to do the rest of the buying (shirt, pants, shoes).

Yesterday I went to the greenhouse, again. Those plants are now in containers out front. Mostly Cora (periwinkle), with some supertunias and lobelia. Added some zinnias to the front dessert, not sure they will survive there, but going to try.

For the first time in ages, I am sitting out back drinking my morning coffee. It is cloudy, there is a bit of a breeze, and he air is wet (may rain later). However, it is warm and it is one of the great pleasures of life to sit outside, sip ones morning coffee, and listen to the chirp/tweet/peep of the birds. The wind is strong enough to make the trees sing and hide the traffic noises though the train that is passing toots its horn loud enough to overcome all obstacles. The bird making all the noise is a mockingbird. It must nest in the same tree. It makes enough noise to sound like 10 flocks of different birds. Very cool. It has not perfected the car alarm sound just yet.

This week is another busy week, but focused on school work. I have three assignments to finish off and an essay to begin. School is going ok so far this semester.

We had a feast of chard last night with supper. Best chard ever, though there is very little left and there was lots to start with. Does anyone know if chard comes back after being cut back, or is it a one feed kinda thing? Either way it was yummy!

I need to figure out how to put on the screen for my garden. I noticed that the tomatoes and peppers are starting to bloom. The darn grackles will be starting to case the garden, waiting for the best moment to steal all my fruit.

It is a pleasure to sit out back and admire the beautiful plants (redbuds are blooming everywhere!). Even the impatiens are hanging on in their dark corner. I noticed the store was selling sunpatiens, I can't help but wonder how they would hold up to Texas heat.

Last weeks hanging basket had filled out and looks amazing!!

Oh, excitement!! I noticed that my hydrangea, the one I nursed through last summer's heat, is looking like it may want to bloom! I sure hope so. I love a beautiful hydrangea.

No comments: