A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

It has been a quiet couple of weeks here. The temps have been above 90 all month, except for one day of 89. That's summer in Texas.

I have been working out on the elliptical six days a week (today and tomorrow are rest and change over days, getting on the same schedule as Carol). Given the high temps outside, it was a good choice. I broke the 500 calorie burnt mark yesterday. This coming week I am planning on doing 360 min and 3000 cals burnt.

The exercise and diet are working, I lost 2.8 pounds last week for a total of 6 pounds in the first month. I have reset my weigh day for every two weeks. I want to focus on fitness and healthy lifestyle, not just weight loss.

We have been eating a lot of our own tomatoes and peppers lately. The birds or bugs are competing quit fiercely, but we are holding our own! I love the Mr. Stripey ones (yellow with streaks of red!). I suspect we won't have too many more though, the temperatures are getting to high and the plants have stopped blooming.

Carol is doing great on the elliptical as well, improving daily.

Worst thing about the heat is that I have to water plants every morning. Poor things wilt in the afternoon if I don't.

No comments: