The weather has definitely improved. Forecast high of 83 today!
My tomatoes survived the frost earlier in the week, in fact they appear to be doing well. One more cold spell yet to come this month, at least the long range forecast shows only one, so they may make it through the early planting.
Trees are greening rapidly. Grass in the woods has overtaken the old dead stuff from last year and the trail near the river is looking green. Saw a deer on the trail yesterday, silly thing stood there looking at me as if to say, what you doing on MY trail. Monday I was running into the wind (strong wind) and saw a deer who was quite obviously confused by my presence. She could not smell or hear me I think, and was uncertain what I was even though I flapped my arms and made noise to scare her away. I am hoping to see some babies in the next while.
The time change has really been strange. I am not used to sitting in the dark at 6:30 in the morning.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment