I woke to the sound of rain falling off the eaves this morning. The weather page says .75 inches already with another 1.5 still to come. I will not have to water most plants today, if any.
A red headed wood pecker visited our bird bath yesterday. So far, there have been more interesting birds in this yard than at the Brittany place. There is more bushes for them to disappear into here.
I did go for a run yesterday. I was not as efficient as I once was, but not as bad as I was when I began last December. It felt great to be running once more. My broken toe gave me no real pain though there was some discomfort.
We managed to get the boxes out of the living room and kitchen yesterday. Still a lot to do, but at least the house is not looking like a total mess.
Today, I will likely walk down to the library to get Taha's most recent poetry collection. I will also go down to the coffee house for a morning stroll/coffee. It is nice to be living somewhere that we can do that. I really loved living in Chapel Hill and being able to take an afternoon/morning stroll downtown and have a coffee or an ice dish.
If my garden is not too muddy, I will do some digging. I also need to wash clothes (an iron), do some research for a project that is work related, and organize my office a bit. I may also make a nice curried soup with yellow split peas. yum.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment