A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Back at the bookstore again tonight. The store has a few browsers, but is not busy at the moment. It is rainy and rather cool tonight, so it will be interesting to see if many people show up at all. I hope to see lots of people come through.

Carol was feeling a bit lonely tonight, so she followed me to the store. I have her locked in the back room doing some grading. I might (maaybee) let her out when I leave tonight.

I was given another two weeks of work at the library after the expected ending after the classes finished. I did enjoy my time there, and I made the most of it. I may be called back at the intersession (between fall and semester) if I don't find something else before then. Not likely, but maybe. It has  been great to be working, even if it was only part time, and the extra money has made a difference.

We are heading off to Arkansas come Wednesday to have Thanksgiving at Carol's parents. It will be nice to see them again. The last time we saw them was just before Christmas last year. Given the pressure Carol was under in the spring/summer, there was just no time to go see them earlier. I am hoping that the fall color will still be on the trees for the trip. Here, with all the wind, we have not really had much color at all. The long drought did not help any either. We should be back late Friday or early Saturday.

No comments: