The Texas Mountain Laurel is blooming at the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens (along with some other spring type shrubbery). This photo was taken Thursday just before the bitterly cold weather hit (five minutes before, talk about a quick change). So far the volunteering at the new place is going well and I am learning a little. This is a good thing as the part time job has petered out. Still uncertain whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.
I spent the last few weeks putting plants into the yard. Some drought hardy stuff, a lot of perrenials, a few annuals, blue bonnets (which are starting to bloom!), lantana, etc. I have not added to the veggie garden as I have been busy with the flower planting. No photos yet as nothing has established, and most of the plants look less than impressive. There is one yellow flowery thing that is quiet pretty (forgot the name just now, memory gears grind and slip as I grow older).
The redbuds are blooming, along with the pears and dogwoods. I really like the yards that pair the pears with the redbuds (pink with white). Most of the trees are going green, both real leaves and catkins. It was feeling very spring like earlier in the week, but we were hit by cold weather out of Canada (jealous peoples not letting me enjoy spring!!).

No comments:
Post a Comment