A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

It has been a wonderful spring day so far. The morning was warm, though a touch humid, with clear blue skies and a wee breeze. At the moment it is warm (77), breezy, and clear blue skies. I am sitting on our back seement pad enjoying the birds chitter and chat. With the return of the leaves, they have moved back in full time. At times they can be quite noisy, almost enough to drown out the T.V. in the evening.

I just spent a few minutes pulling pansies from the round flower bed that is in the center of the back yard and planting a few replacements (one is a wave petunia as an experiment). I should be digging some more garden beds for okra and what not, but I am feeling a bit lazy right now. I have taken a few photos of selected spots in the garden, though I would ask viewers to forgive the mess. I should be mowing the lawn again, both front and back. The rain and warm weather is making the grass (weeds and thistles) grow like crazy. The peas are doing well also, with the one batch of early peas half way up the pea fence!

Someone in the neighborhood is having bbq for lunch, I can smell the lighter fluid and briquettes burning.


I have posted some photos below. They may not be clear or even in focus. I am sitting in a semi-bright light writing this, and I find I cannot really see the images. I am very pleased that the rose in the center is doing so well. It was a remnant left here when we arrived, stuffed into a medium sized pot, unwatered and mostly desiccated. Two leaves were left hanging from the brittle branches and I was not convinced it could survive. I stuck it into the soil shortly after getting here, watered it and left it alone. All winter, it recieved no special treatment, mostly because I was sure it was dead. Even as recently as three weeks ago, I was considering pulling it up! I hope it blooms, but even if all it does is survive I will be satisfied.



Carol's mother is not doing well at the moment. We are planning to go up that way for Easter, but may go earlier or not at all depending on what we hear in the next day or so. If I don't post again until after next week, I hope everyone has a great Easter (snow free in those places where it may still snow) with lots of flowers and chocolate.

No comments: