A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fall



Garbage Day!

It froze the night before last, and last night. There is something seriously wrong with frost so early in the fall. I think I shall begin thinking of moving to a warmer climate, I noticed a place in Arizona that had a high of 92 yesterday. I must admit, however, that the trees are becoming quite gorgeous as they dress up in their pre-Christmas finery. The photo above was taken a few days ago, and since then even more red and orange and yellow has appeared, and what was there has become more vibrant. But such visual beauty is hard to accept when it I am wearing all my winter clothes and can barely stand the cold.

School is keeping me busy right now, all the major projects are demanding more and more attention, and I am less and less willing to apply myself. Thank God for deadlines and extrinsic motivation or I would cease and desist. Thanksgiving is only two weeks away, and already I can see that I will be working through the entire break to try and complete the projects due shortly afterwards. In fact, one major assignment is due right after the holiday. Maybe I should just panic now and get to work?

I watched Sicko last night. Not a bad film, though Moore can be quite melodramatic, he does raise some interesting problems with the American health system. Changes will not occur soon, if ever, due to the large amounts of money present in the system. As Roger Waters said, "It all makes perfect sense expressed in dollars and cents, pound shillings and pence." One comment Moore made I found interesting, he said Americans are afraid of their government. If that is true, how can we have a democracy?

No comments: