A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

November 17





This has been a busy week. In addition to all the usual readings and writings I had to prepare to lead a class discussion and hand in some notes on my long paper. I have felt scattered, reading and researching on Manfred and working on my long paper. My level of panic increases as well, there are 20 days and classes are finished. Another four days after that I will have finished my exams and final projects. I am beginning to look forward to my winter break, which is nearly a month long. My presentation/discussion went fine yesterday, and I managed to hand in some notes, though they are a bit scattered at the moment.

Earlier this week I walked to school. Two blocks into my walk I had to stop and remove my sweater as it was already to hot. We had a little rain Thursday, and it has cooled down now, but the weather is ok. In the last two weeks the trees have turned from green to multiple shades of red, yellow, and orange. Green still plays around the edges of the rich color. That color helps ease the pain of the sad approach of winter's gray. The variety of plant life that helped provide such a lush green during summer is now helping to enrich the colors of fall. Ah, if it only were warmer.

Thanksgiving is next week. I am looking forward to the holiday, mostly because I get five days away from school to work on my work. So little time and so much to do. So far we have planned on some sesame green beans, roasted squash, a soup (like the one I made for Barb a couple years ago), and some kind of yummy desert. Most recipes can be found at this site. The barbecue tempeh with bell peppers is very good by the way. Maybe I will post some photos of the meal after Thursday.

No comments: