A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Friday, January 25, 2008

I am deeply disappointed. I moved south so I could gloat about the warm winter I am having while those stuck in northern climes were shivering in below zero weather. But it is not happening! I have yet to see any 40 belows, and they have not lingered for weeks the way I had hoped. To make matters worse, it was cold here the past few weeks, and yesterday and today. It is not fair.

I had a good week at school. I was nearly overwhelmed with joy as my last class was wrapping up yesterday evening. I do love my three day holiday, well, almost four because Monday's class is not until six pm. Did I mention how my teaching went Thursday? It was difficult to keep the classes attention, but it would be hard for those who have done it for years as it was the active/passive voice. I did learn a great deal however. Strange to think of myself standing in front of a group of people and talking for an hour.

This weekend is not as busy as last. I have to write/edit a poem for Monday, comment on classmates poems, read _Cold Mountain_, read some critical writing on/about African American literature, and something I am forgetting. Ahh well. I may have an essay topic for my AA lit class' final paper: Closure in Chestnutt's stories. I need to do some research on that, but it is an idea I can pursue I think. If it warms up a little, I may do some walking as well, but with a high of 39, that is not likely today. It is a damp cold for those of you who might be thinking things like "get over it" or "yeah, like thats really cold" and it really does sink into the bones...ok, so it is not really cold, but it is fun to think that it is.

No comments: