A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008



I awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of rain falling off the eaves. A strong wind made the house creak a bit, and it must have been that which raised me from my snores. It is currently 56 with a forecast high of 50, so the temperature is going to fall through the day. The weather, the slight green tinge that lingers on the lawns, and the grayness of the trees has had me thinking it feels a lot like early spring, and that is a strange feeling for so early in the year. I have had all the winter I want, though the winter I have had has been slight.

I broke my wee little left toe Sunday trying to walk around the coffee table. Hobble here, hobble there, and carefully navigate the stairs that seem to be everywhere in this city. I can go up stairs with little problem, it is going down that requires thought. To add to my decrepitude, the hobbling has made my right knee want to whinge a bit, so I grimace with the left toe, then squeak as my opposing knee spasms. This increasing decay has led me to decide that I will no longer grow a year older with each birthday. On my next birthday I shall become one year younger.

I am going to go gloat about the 92-degree temperature difference between here and Cold Lake. This is the reason I moved down here!

No comments: