A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Saturday, August nearly over

Day two of teaching went well. It was less exciting than day one, mostly because I sat in class and the students spent half of it doing an in class writing thingie. I am, for the most part, impressed with their writing abilities. They do need improvement, but they are already quite competent, which is to be expected I suppose. If they were not competent they would not be in this class. The fun part begins now, as I start to introduce them to science writing, I get to watch their competence collapse. I think my biggest problem will be to figure out how to do the things I want to do in the little time I have available. 50 minute classes limits what I can do. Trying to get groups together, have them look at some problem, and then report back to class takes time. I feel like finding one of them time dilators, bringing it to class and increasing the amount of time I have to torture the students. Ahh well, soon it will be Christmas and i will be panicking cause I have done nothing, so off to work I go.

No comments: