A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday August 27

I awoke to the sound of rain on my window, a suitably peaceful end of August sound. We have had so little rain this summer that I had forgotten what rain sounds like.

When wandering around downstairs last night closing blinds, I thought how strange it feels for me to be living in the city. I spent so many years out in the bush that I still feel unsettled in the city. Given the price of gas I am glad I live close enough to school that I do not have to sell my toes to get around.

School is going. Monday's class was a boring event for me and the students. Yesterday's went better, I had more fun, and I think the students did as well. Today I am going to attend a lunch thing that will allow me to hear how people build collaborative writing assignments, and then I have another workshop.

I have been busy, but most of what I have been doing is boring. School work and no play makes Mike have nothing to say.

No comments: