A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am sure that I should be working this morning. But the weather resists any serious attempt at thought. It is one of the usual fall miseries, where the rain comes down in a steady mist, not really raining, but not dry either. The clouds are thick enough to give the surface of everything a pallor that seeps in and weakens motivation. So I sit here, in my office, watching cars dribble by lacklusterly. That is me imposing my mood on the world, of course, but the world is strong enough to deal with my lack of enthusiasm. I am sure there are some excited souls in the city, but not here in this upstairs room.

I did have a good week. I enjoyed meeting with my students in conferences, the classes went well. The weather, while fricken cold, was sunny and gorgeous.

Today I have a paper to grade, and a whole lot of my own work to deal with. I would list it here, but I am afraid to do so. Building a mountain and knowing it is just the first of many, some much higher, to come is intimidating.

To work I go. Mopeyly.

No comments: