So I did the voting thing Thursday. It took nearly an hour, mostly because a fair number of people were still doing the register to vote. And, because this is early voting, the polling people had to dig out the correct form form their stack of forms. Everyone was smiling and friendly, so the whole process was painless. It feels strange in some ways to think that this is the first time I have ever voted, and it is in NC. At the same time, I feel virtuous, and patriotic.
Friday was a usual day. School, class, home. I have to decide on the text I will use next semester to try and lead my students from one state into another (hoping that new state is not a fugue state). I have a stack of books to look through this weekend, and I have the following things to do: write my teaching phil, my grading phil, finish my class observation, grade some journals, look at some essays...I think I am forgetting something.
I was going to go for a walk this morning, but it has been raining all night, so that may not be an option. It is cold enough now that I could do it later should the rain ever stop falling. I do need the walk. I am all achy and old this morning.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment