A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

End of a season

I have finished both presentations, and I feel good to have them finished. They were the last major exercise for the two classes, now I need to finish my teaching portfolio and grade a whole whack of papers for the class I am teaching, but I am essentially finished with this semester. yayh

The presentations went well. I have learned from the semester of teaching how to babble away and not say anything. I went in to the first one knowing I would end up at around 12 minutes of a 15 minute presentation, and that is what I did. A few questions, and the show was over. Yesterday's presentation of Domanski's first book The Cape Breton Book of the Deadwent well. Only 8 students showed up for class and I ended up being the only one presenting. I was a little concerned during my initial run through that I would be over my time limit (20 minutes), but when I found out I was the only presenter, I said great, and just babbled away. I think I ended up at around 40 minutes (a guess as I did not check before going up in front of the class). Interestingly enough, it was fun. Both of them were. Yes, I was a little nervous at the start, but shortly after getting going, it was all pleasure.

When I returned to school some years back now (5?), one of my major worries was that I would not be able to do the presentations that are a big part of class work. At first, it was difficult, but the drama course made a huge difference, and I have seen a large increase in my confidence in the last year. Yes, I am chuffed with my self.

The weather has become cold and icky here now. I miss the warmth already. Today is not too bad, in fact it feels more like spring than late fall, and I am pleased with it. I actually found my toque and gloves before leaving this morning!!

I am nearly one semester away from having completed this degree! wow, how time flies when you are stressed out.

No comments: