A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

December 27

I feel all nostalgic and fuzzy this morning. I have come down with a bug (fever, urpy but not pukey, achey, and now sweaty as the fever breaks), and it reminds me of Christmas seasons when I was young. Seems I was sick at least 90% of those holidays before I turned 12. Of course it could just be that I am still feverish and hallucinating. I had some great fever dreams when sick as a kid. Ants covering every surface, the spider at the foot of the bed whose leg stretched and touched my nose, and my personal favorite, the flying wiener skin. I can remember running into the kitchen to show Mom and Barb my discovery and being horribly disappointed that I could not recreate the phenomenon.

I am also a bit disappointed. I had planned on going for a nice long walk today, but that likely won't happen now. Even worse, the temperature is wonderful and the walk would have been pleasant.

Ahh well. Hopefully, this bug will grow weary of harassing me and move on to more accommodating persons.

No comments: