At 13:35 I submitted the grades for this term. In the last day and a half I have graded 22 sets of papers from my students,and now I am a bit burnt, dreaming of a nap, but the vet is coming to poke and prod the kitty, so I am not allowed to sleep. Ahhh, sweet sleep.
I did not feel to put upon grading today as the weather is rather damp (thundershowers and rain). It is warm however, right now the thermometer says 67.
I think I learned a great deal teaching this semester. I am convinced it is not a career for me, though I also think I would be good at it given practice.There were days when I left the class this term sure I had wasted the student's time, other days when I was sure I had managed to give them something useful. In general, if pressed to make a claim, I would say the course was not a total waste of their time. Optimism lies at the center of every teachers philosophy.
Nasty booms outside. It still feels weird to get thunderstorms in December. Sounds like hail too!!
It feels great to have finished this semester!
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment