A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Day one undone

The first day of my last semester at State went well. My classes seem interesting for a change, and I hope to enjoy them. Of course, knowing this to be my last semester has some bearing on my attitude.

The class I am teaching looks to be a good group. Kind of strange mixture however. Last year the class was nearly evenly split on gender, this class is 80% female. There are four young men, 18 young women. I should know more about their writing abilities by the end of today (two diagnostics will have been written by then).

I was thinking about changing my tagline name this morning, but I checked the weather and saw that it really is freezing this morning (where did I put my wool socks and long johns???), so I will have to keep it for now.

The witch hazel is blooming like crazy. I hear that the redbuds are blooming as well, but that is too early.

No comments: