I walked to school today (~2.5 miles?) without a sweater on and wishing I had worn shorts and sandals. The forsythia is a-bloom, and better still I saw a dogwood putting out its catch a bee flags as well. If the dogwood blooms, surely it must be spring!!
I also had a flashback to the days when I was living in Lac Labiche and getting some grade ten educatioms. I have come a long ways from those years (17?) and that place. I am still broke, but I am so different in most other ways.
There was a small field I had to cut across on my way from school to grocery store on Saturday mornings. The school feed us well during the week, but we were abandoned on the weekend. It was worse than prison. Anyway, I would walk across that field, cold weather and warm, to pick up a cheap cut of cheap meat and some cheap bread. And that is what I would at Saturday and Sunday. For some reason today's weather reminded me of the weather back then.
Did I mention that the dogwood are beginning to bloom?
Well, they are!!
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment