I began my younging day (the day I grow one year younger every year 44 this year) with a lie in. I did not flop out of bed until nearly 8!! Then a couple hours of lazing about, sippin coffee, reading my rss feeds before strolling down to whole foods for lunch and groceries. I had originally planned on going to the arboretum in the morning, but it was too cold. After getting back from WF, I changed my mind as the weather had improved a great deal, so, off I went.
The arboretum is still mostly gray, but there are some plants showing signs of spring. Some Magnolias are ready to bloom, some have started, but the cold weather has hurt them. Crocuses are coming up, some Irises, and lots and lots of daffadillies.
In the afternoon, I went to a brief gathering of graduating types, we drank and talked a bit, were congratulated, and then off I went with Carol to India Mahal for a supper out.
For a celebratory taste, I had a bowl of blueberry creamcheese vegan icecream before going to bed.
The youthing day was a success.
If you are interested, this is a link to one of the photos I took yesterday.
It smells like spring this morning!! I am so happy to feel the end of winter.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment