I have been coming down stairs and admiring my diploma the last two mornings. I set it up, temporarily, on the mantle so I can see it frequently. I will pack it up today, but I have been enjoying the sense of success that comes every time I look at it.
Yesterday's PhD defense by our friend was a success. She did a great job and is now a Doctor of Library stuff. Carol was delighted, not only in her success, but also in being able to witness the defense before we go to Denton. I enjoyed the presentation (lots of interesting information), as well as the process. Once more I am glad I am not going to get a doctorate in anything.
It was also nice to spend time back in Carrboro and Chapel Hill. We did not see much of the towns, but it was still enjoyable to go and wave farewell to some of the things that I marveled at when I first arrived. I have become acclimated though. So many of the things that had me awestruck two years ago have become commonplace now.
I am sitting outside, enjoying one of the remaining mornings on our beautiful, if noisy, back deck. Today I have to fill our ship to Denton box (UPS ahead so we have stuff when we arrive), finish packing art, get cats checked for travel, and all the usual little stuffs. Supper for next Friday is planned (black beans, rice, salsa, and corn chips) and I will need to get a few things to send down. Saturday I can slip down to the local food store and get some groceries so all we really need is enough to survive the first night.
I can feel myself letting go of NC. Saying goodbye and getting ready for Texas.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Best of luck in tx. U will find me on skipe most allwase as MrHarVy . see u soon
me
Post a Comment