A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Monday morning report

I spent part of the weekend perusing the Texas driver handbook, preparing to do the written part of the exam. I was anxious about the whole process, including the written exam. I have not looked at driving handbooks in ages, and I am not familiar with the rules down here. I did ok on the exam, but I missed all the young driver questions. Texas has a 0 tolerance law for minors and alcohol, which I was aware of after reading the handbook. What I did not remember where the penalties for first time offenders, and how long the suspension for first time offenders is. Fortunately, there were not too many such questions and I was able to pass the exam, though just barely I believe. In my defense, I did get all the driving questions correct.

I found out after getting home that I needed to get an instruction permit, so I will have to go back tomorrow and pay five bucks. I did go back briefly, just be noon, but the line up was half a block long, and the taxi would not have waited very long for me. Instead, I went to Krogers, bought food, waited 40 minutes to get picked up, road with three other passengers, and finally made it home. Easier than pushing a grocery cart three miles in the heat, but just barely.

It is going to be a slow process getting my license. It looks like I won't have it until at least the 2 of July.

No comments: