A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Friday, June 12, 2009

House photos


If you click on the image above, you should get a look at some images I took of our house this morning. It is mostly finished (bedroom needs work yet), though not as clean as it should be. If you look closely, you can see that the cats are feeling much more at ease in their new domicile.

Yesterday was a long day. I left home at 7:40 and did not get back until 5:00. I did manage to get a lot of things done, well, only two important ones, but they needed doing. Our beater is now insured, and I have seen my UNT adviser and set up the courses I will be taking this fall.

It was very humid here yesterday morning (and this morning) because a thunderstorm went through town. A possible tornado touched down in Flower Mound, but no serious damage appears to have been done. Flower Mound is ~20 miles south of me. All morning, as I was walking around, a big black cloud circled town. I was afraid of receiving a good drenching, but all I ever felt were a few drops. When I walked into the insurance office, after a 3.5 mile walk, I was dripping wet. I had left early hoping to have time to cool off, but the bank I was hoping to find was not where google said it was, and so I had to track down another, and ended up arriving just at my appointed time.

I had a good visit with my adviser. Her office is in Discovery Park, which is 4.5 miles away from UNT. To get there I rode the UNT shuttle bus, and was awed by the lack of anality shown by the drivers. The NCSU bus line made everyone get on through the front door and off through the back. Here the driver did not care, in fact more people entered through the back door than the front. It is a free bus, no charge to ride. Well, fees to operate it will come out of student fees. The route they took led through farm land and around the edge of town. Though the trees are different, and it is a bit warmer, this part of Texas looks a lot like Alberta. I guess a clump of cows sleeping in the shaded side of a pasture will not be all that different no matter where you go. There was even a service rig working in the cow pasture. Texas/Alberta, seems interchangeable so far. We even have a goofy governor who is threatening to pull out of the Union. Sounds like Klein to me.

I am having fewer problems getting around town. I can, usually, determine the right direction to walk. I went in the wrong direction only twice yesterday, and I walked over half of Denton. At least it felt like I had.

No comments: