A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Time flies when you are busy. One week since the last post and it sure did not feel like it.

News: still raining. I have seen a few arks being built (this is the bible belt after all).

I have started a volunteer position as a virtual reference librarian. I had my first shift yesterday, and the first question I could not answer. Well, the only question I received, and still not able to find a satisfactory answer. The shift was mostly boring, except for the question which appeared at the very end (last five minutes) of my shift. I learned a great deal from one question, and I will be able to bring that into the next transaction I am engaged in. My next shift is Friday and is three hours.

A big storm rumbled through Monday night. Our power went down for almost an hour, and the surge burnt out my monitor. I had to go hunting for a new one yesterday, and I found a large but cheap one. I have acreage of screen space. I wish I were rich enough to get one of them huge 32 inch monitors (or bigger?), or maybe three or four of them? :) Technolust engages. gimme gimme gimme more shiny and sparkly things. Maybe I was a crow or magpie in a previous life?

I have a plethora of assignments due this week and next. From my schedule, it looks like nothing slows down until December. I think I will drive to Bermuda and spend the fall watching the surf.

Charlie is getting huge!

The car runs well (knocks on wood.

I am off to make some pesto (basil plant is producing at an amazing rate). Early supper tonight, and then off to class. It is going to be hard to stay awake tonight. I am tired now.

No comments: