A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

From Garden

NOTE: The eggplant still needs to be planted. tbp = to be planted

From Garden

It is a beautiful spring day (58 F right now). We took a dissertation break this morning and ended up at Calloway's. As anyone will tell you, walking away from a greenhouse without anything is impossible, we left with some veggies, some herbs, and a cyclomen (not pictured). I have labeled my garden plots and hopefully will be able to show some growth over the next few months. It is fun to get dirty hands in February. :)

1 comment:

carol said...

Hello, Mike! Sorry I thought of you on your birthday, then forgot to contact you to wish you all the best, but better late than never??
I, too, do the raised bed-square foot gardening, and love it! People come from far and wide to look at Carol's weird garden (I live in Ukrainian country, remember) and this year my garden order includes mostly weird plants to go along with my normal food plants! I wish I could start, but I did send away the seed order on Monday!It is getting nicer every day +4c today, and up to +8c by Thursday the forcast says! We have very little snow, so by the end of the week I imagine there won't be much left. I keep forgetting to look at this blog page of yours, sorry! We have had a not-too-bad winter, cold at first and some gloomy days but warming and sunny now! take care Love you, little brother!