A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A huge confluence of events occurs today!
1. It's garbage day!
2.It's my birthday!!

I am going to spend my birthday doing some gardening. There are still a few small things I need to take care of in the back yard (we ignore the front for the moment) including cutting back the purple fountain grass. In the boxes, I need to finish setting one up (laths and poles), and I will be doing some planting today as well.

It is the season to plant leafy and root crops, so today I will plant lettuce, spinach, brocoli (not sure if this one will work, it may get to hot to quick for it), radishes, carrots, beets, swish chard, and dill. Tis the season to experiment, so it will be interesting to see what grows and what doesn't. It is a little early still, but I feel it is necessary to do some gardening on my birthday simply because I have never done so before.

As for a celebration, I will likely go to a local Indian restaurant (Kokila) for supper. Later I will have a cherry and almond cookie with some vanilla flavored coconut ice-cream. Much as I like the soy ice-cream, I can't eat it anymore. The cookies are great, I made them last night and was forced to test their quality. All of the cookies I have tried from Isa's vegan cookies cookbook have been amazing. If you are looking for a cool cookie cookbook, you can't go wrong with that one.

Oh, I will likely make a bit more salsa today as well. I made a batch last night, and accidently made it too hot to consume comfortably. So, I figure if I make another batch without heat, then mix the two, I should have a consumable condiment. I am making my own salsa as I am not pleased with the kinds I have found at the local stores.

It has been a long, gray winter. I am tired of the cold, the snow, the wet, the dingy gray, the garbage, the cold, the gray. I really need some warmer weather, some sunshine, some bright green, and some flowers. Texas has too many seasons for me (I would gladly lose winter).

Happy birthday too me!

1 comment:

Ali Kira said...

Happy belated birthday! :)