Hot week here, every day has been above 100. We have had a couple of t-showers in the evenings that help. Even some of the big trees are busy losing leaves in an attempt to stay alive in the heat. Most of the garden is in deep survival mode, though I water daily. My hydrangea is suffering, I water her twice daily but it looks like she has suffered some heat damage. The okra, however, is thriving. Little baby okras are harvested daily. Carol goes yum!
Not much else going on here. Working out on the elliptical 6 days a week. Managed a 11.95 min/mile this morning. That will not translate to a 12 min/mile of actual walking, but it is still tons better than I could do just a few weeks ago. In the almost 3 months that I have been changing my lifestyle, I have lost 23 pounds! I can see the changes already.
I am enjoying the exercise and healthier eating. Feels great to be working at getting healthy again.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment