A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Time for the promised whine. The weather took a turn for the nasty Monday night. Rain (with occasional thunder storms) started around midnight and turned to sleet around two. By the time I was nosed out of bed by a certain cat, it had turned to snow and the streets looked horrid!! Snow and blowing and snow devils danced down the street all morning keeping me snuggled in at my computer. The afternoon moderated a bit, but it also cleared a bit. The clear skies allowed the temperature to plummet and now it is really cold. It is currently 12 F with wind it is 9 below!! We will be lucky to get to 18 for a high today. That won't allow the icky stuff to turn to acquire a more acceptable phase.

The nasty weather closed most things, even the local transit authority shut down. I am not going anywhere for the time being. I am confident in my abilities to navigate the slippery roads, but I don't trust the other drivers who don't know how to drive on icy roads. I suspect the number of bumper bumps will rise this morning as people return to work.

My job today is to box up all this cold weather and its attending plagues and ship it back to Alberta whence it came!

No comments: