We were visited by the local welcome wagon kittie last night. Our cats were less than enthused, however. Daph attacked the patio doors, and wee Charlie made some weird noises of mingled anger, threat, and fear. Mags missed all the fun as she was hiding under the bed-a thunder and lightning storm had been passing earlier.
The storm was all threat, unfortunately. We did not get a drop of water out of all the excitement it offered. Kinda like a politician, all bluster and blow but no substance.
I had a busy week. Three days of three classes per day. It takes me roughly an hour to set up for each class, and two morning classes were barely an hour apart. This worked out to roughly 4 hours on my feet with nary a break. I have worked other jobs that were much harder physically, but this week still left me exhausted when I came home.
Friday I met with the woman who runs the local friends of the library bookstore. I have volunteered to run the store two shifts a month starting Nov. It should be fun.
Yesterday, I was given an opportunity to teach the classes I was setting up for. The person who asked me to cover these classes did so in order to free up some of her limited time. I was doing a quick review which lasted 10 minutes, so the risk on her part was limited. I had a hoot, and remembered how fun the act of teaching is. The best part of this is that I do not have to do any grading!! All high, no withdrawal! I also received a note after I made it home from my supervisor saying that the woman who I was helping (and who was observing/helping) was bragging about what a great job I did. It made my day. I am still smiling when I think about it.
I am reminded of the scene from The Princess Bride during the kidnapping where the kidnappers are fleeing the Dread Pirate Roberts:
Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Great movie!
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment