A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, February 20, 2012

I have not made much headway with my digging lately. Too much rain. The plots are muddy and soft, too soft to be digging (once dry it would turn into cement!).  I was hoping to plant some peas/beans this past weekend, but it rained all of Friday night and most of Saturday. It is  drying up a bit now so maybe this weekend?

I need to get out and mow the lawn, well, weedlawn. After the last mowing, the weeds shot up and went to flower. It looks rather ragged at the moment. Maybe later this week, if it doesn't rain (likely Friday as I am working Tuesday/Wednesday).

I have applied to be a volunteer at a place in Fort Worth. It could be a fun place to spend some time.

Work at the place I am currently at is likely to dissapear at the end of the month. Nothing ever did happen with the jobs I applied for (though I have heard rumors that are quite frustrating/disappointing) that suggest they are looking for someone with experience, but not yet credentialed. Oh well, I keep looking, I keep hoping.

This coming Saturday I am hoping to make it to the Dallas Arboretum. It is one of those places I have been wanting to go to for ages, but haven't. I am a bit disappointed in myself as I was hoping to be running a race in Ft. Worth this weekend, but that won't be happening.

Went to the greenhouse in town on Saturday (rain and all!) and looked at the tomatoes and green peppers. I lacked the courage to actually buy any though. Bit too early for even me to be trying to plant those things. I am hoping we won't have another heavy frost, but we are sure to get a number of cool nights.

Carol's bil is doing better, still not home but off the tubes and starting to move about a little.

White kitty (misnamed angel cause she's half devil) is settling in ok. Still occasional boxing matches, but very few hiss and growl episodes. She really wants outside though.

Bought a rug shampooer that is doing great. First few washes of the rug the water was gray and rather thick with muck. blech. I hate the rug in the house.

I have begun to crave the warmer spring weather the way a smoker craves a cigarette.

Which I quit using 12 years ago.

No comments: