Over the last week or so things have settled down and I am falling back into the old routine. I am, right this minute, sitting in the friends of the library bookstore doing my volunteering. It has been a busy night with lots of traffic and lots of sales. Nice to see the business.
I have managed to pick up some more part time hours from the same place I worked last year. Still nothing else happening on the job front. Apply, resume disappears into a void, move on to the next job posting. The advent of the computer has facilitated the application process by shortening the voyage from application to file 13. If I sound a little bitter it is cause I am. Bit frustrated as well, it would be nice to hear an occasional "thanks but no thanks." Half the time I wonder if I followed the correct process in submission, or emailed the resume to the right address, or one of a dozen other worries.
This morning I was out in the backyard digging away at my garden. I now have one 4x16 plot, one 4x12 plot, and plans for a few more if I can maintain the digging enthusiasm. I would like to do at least another two 4x12 plots before stopping. I did plant some taters yesterday, though I am not sure they will survive. Bit early here. The last frost is still a month and a half away.
I also spent some time this morning mowing the lawn, front and back. I had not cut the back since we moved in, though with the drought and the cold it had not been doing much. It was rather overgrown this morning, but it looks great now.
Carol's brother in law is still in the hospital, still not doing well though not as bad as he was. Angie is settling in and I think she is going to be boss kitty of the house pretty soon. She won't back down for no one and has no fear. The other cats are less pushy and will let her get away with being boss. She may be difficult to keep inside, she has been wanting out lately.
I am craving spring something fierce. Which is part of my motivation for digging. I suspect we are still booked for a spell of winter (we had a nasty snow storm/cold snap around the super bowl last year), but I have hopes. I am going to have some fun planning what to plant. Already, I have roughly 4 times the garden we had at the old place. My only real concern is the amount of sun available. Given the large apartment building and large trees to the south, there may not be enough light to ensure proper growth, but it will be fun trying.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment