A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Earth day to all ya'll!!

This morning we went down and checked out the local CSA but decided the portion offered was way to tiny for the money they were asking. Bit disappointing, but we are reluctant to spend more money for veggies than we absolutely must. It wasn't like they were anything special either.

From there we went down to the Denton Master Gardner's annual plant sale and walked away with some awesome plants for an awesome price. The real problem with buying plants is actually planting them, but I have stuffed them into the ground with a little effort. Fortunately, it is only 82 this afternoon with a breeze, so it is still comfortable to work outside. Though I must admit, I am rather soft right now. Digging the holes and planting and dragging bags of mulch and garden soil around played me out.

We bought and planted:
Black and Blue Sage
Greggs mist conoclinium (supatorium)-aka blue mist (butterflies are supposed to love this)
Aster Fall/ Woods Pink Dwf
Turks cap, pink
Butterfly bush "honeycomb"
Gaura (pink)
French Hollyhock
White lantana
columbine aquileria

Bit of a hodgepodge of plants, but fun.

I find I am really enjoying sitting out back at this new place.

This is the Denton Arts and Jazz fest. I can hear a band playing, sax, drums, piano, and even at this distance it sounds fine.

No comments: