Up way to early this morning, again. I wish I could blame it on the aging process, but it's not.
Still no work. Been looking at budgets and such like and wondering how anyone can claim this to be a recession when so many necessary items are being destroyed in the name of economic realities.
I have been seeing stories of more libraries closing across Canada and America. Some of these places have unique items that will be lost forever. Seems like the Alexandria library is burning once more and there is nothing we can do to stop the barbarians running the show.
I will stop there cause I feel a rant coming on and I would rather not spoil my day.
Summer has settled in here. Nice balmy evenings, warm days, and lots of green left from the damp spring. I have taken to regular watering of my garden and man have the tomato plants taken off. No fruit yet, but it won't be long.
I do need to take a few soil samples and send them off to the ag guys for testing. I do know that I need to mix a lot of roughage into the soil as it is mostly clay and very hard. Still, somethings are growing. I plan on pulling my taters today or tomorrow as I have given up on them ever recovering from the critter damage. I am thinking I will plant a delicata squash or two in their place and see how that works out. If you have not tried these squash, you should. They are delicate and delicious. I am not a big squash fan, but these are definitely good. Course, now that I have said this you won't be able to find any. They are usually available only late in the season, Sept. Oct. Nov.
Although I have not given up on the librarian job, I have decided to put some effort into an alternative. I have applied to a teacher certification program and I am beginning to work towards passing some of the state tests. I don't know if I can be a teacher (would love to teach science), but I am going to try. I will be signing on as a sub once we get back from Arkansas next week.
We are going to go up and see Carol's parents next weekend, spend mother's day with them (also her mother's birthday) and then return.
Our two year anniversary is coming up Tuesday and I have no idea what we are going to do. Should be something special, but not sure what just yet.
Bit hard to believe it has been two years already.
I had to take my glasses into get fixed yesterday and they are not back yet. Can't see very well with these old ones. They are ok for driving and as sunglasses, but they sure don't work well as reading/writing glasses.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Friday, May 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment