I am fully recovered from the nasty cold I had last month. Even Carol, who freely accepted the illness so I could recover has recovered. Hopefully, I won't catch another bug and have to do battle once more.
The weather today was very spring like. We snuck up on 70, but did not quite make it there. It likely won't stay quite this nice for long, but I have begun to dream of spring's arrival.
Carol and I have decided to give up on buying a house for the moment. Instead, we are looking at rentals. We came across a nice place today and have put in our applications. It is a bit further from work for C, but the bus stops half a block away so she won't have to walk far in the Texas heat. It has fake hardwood and tile throughout the house (katties can puke all they want!!) and a decent backyard that looks out on a small field that occasionally has hawses gnawing at weeds. It is not far from a medium busy street, but it should be no noisier than what we currently have. As a bonus, it has a dishwasher which will make Cs work load a little lighter. We won't know if we will be able to get it until Friday or so, but we will cross our fingers. It is more expensive than what we currently have, but it is in much better shape.
Work is going well. I have been busy with library instruction as well as my usual duties. I keep hoping for the job to go full time, but so far no luck.
Not much else going on here which is ok. Better quiet than crazy nuts I sez.
A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.
Monday, February 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Er, what is this about 'C's workload'? eh? Watch it, buddy boy. Payback's a medevac...
signed, said C
Bahahaha... C, I was thinking the same thing about that little comment.... hew boy... he does like to live dangerously ;) -c
Post a Comment